Thursday, June 13, 2013

Preparation

Holy smokes. I had no idea it takes so much planning to go for this kind of trip. Stacey is finishing up work and I spend my time getting ready and trying to motivate kids. They seem to want it to just "happen". I guess they need to detox from school for a while.

I have found some great apps that should help us on our trip;
  • Rail Planner gives offline info about train schedules. A must have.
  • Obviously Google Translate will help. You can download language packages for the ones you know you are going to use a lot.
  • Rick Steves' Europe. He gives guided audio tours with maps.
  • Spotted by Locals. Where do the locals recommend? Pick your counrty!
  • Viber. I am not sold on this yet. I want easy, free texts. We'll see.
  • Tango. Again, we will see how it works on campground Wi-Fi.
  • I also downloaded TuneIn Radio to keep up on my fave's during coffee time. I am a creature of habit as anyone knows that has joined me on the front porch.
Off to the next checklist item!
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment